Tuesday, November 30, 2010

MTC - Week #5

Hello everyone!!!!!!

I can't believe I’m here yet again. It’s only been a week since I’ve had the opportunity to send my love! I hope that my emails are entertaining as well. I try to collect all of my wit into crafting a funny and educational email.  From a few responses, I think I’m doing a good job :D
So funny story of the week:  I received an email from my Uncle Mike. Just a little background information on my Uncle. He is probably one of the funniest men on this planet.  His face book status updates always bring me tears from laughter. He always has something funny to say.  With that said, he sent me a letter last week that commented on how his Dad, my grandpa, was coming to stay with him over the Thanksgiving holiday.  He mentioned he had no idea on how to entertain him due to inability to golf due to snow on the ground.  His suggestion was to place a remote in his hand and stick him in front of the TV.  I got a pretty good laugh out of that, but I came up with a much better solution.  I wrote back to him, and in my letter I told him to collect around 30-40 golf balls.  With those golf balls, he should hide them throughout the neighborhood in bushes or any other terrain that could be found on a golf course.  Now you may say to yourself, "Self, that’s not funny at all.  That was downright stupid" Well let me explain myself.  My grandpa will spend more time looking for golf balls while golfing, than actually playing golf.  He will easily spend an hour to find golf balls off the fairway on hillsides.  Think about it for a second: If you tell him to look for 30 or so Titleist Pro-V1's, imagine how long that would keep him entertained!! I also mentioned to my Uncle how they have to be Pro-V1's.  Having played enough golf with my Grandpa, I know he only uses Pro-V1's.  I always inherit the other golf balls he finds :) Long story short: I’m funny. 
So I hope everyone had a great holiday! Mine was great! We got to hear from Elder Holland!! That apostle can lay down a powerful devotional.  We also had the opportunity to perform a service project.  Our service project was to make backpacks with supplies in them for children throughout the world who can't afford such simple items we use on a daily basis.  After we finished, we ended up making of 33,000 backpacks! That's a ton! It felt really rewarding to be able to do that. 
Well the language continues! I’m still in the second grade I think. But it’s ok. 
I’m out of time so I bid thee farewell!
љубав
старешина новоковић!
велем ваш

No comments:

Post a Comment