Tuesday, December 7, 2010

MTC - Week #6

Well my favorite time has once again arrived - letting my faithful followers know how I am doing.  And believe me, I love talking about it!

It's hard to believe, but tis' true! The Christmas holiday season is upon us.  Christmas is truly one of my favorite times of the year. I can say without a doubt that Christmas in the MTC makes life here better.  As I said earlier in my previous emails, I’m a man who loves color, or as my British mate would say, "colour" (odd people the British are)! And until a week ago, the only colors I saw were brown and off shades of the color Brown.  Very boring.  But since Christmas time is here, they have covered the main area of the MTC with colors!!! The colors are fabuuuuuulous.  Ha ha oh man it’s just the simple joy of seeing greens, reds, blue, yellows, all together in one area.  It just brings tears to my eyes.  Yay for colour.  Funny story: They had those lights up three weeks before Thanksgiving.  And being the giddy missionary I was, I thought they would turn the lights on. Nay.  They tormented me by putting those up.  Every time I would walk by, I would hear the MTC president saying inside my head "Ha. You want those lights turned on don't you? NAY!  Muwhahah" or at least something to that effect. 

Well this week was just like every week thus far.  Eat, sleep, classroom, teach.  However, we did have the wonderful opportunity to teach the first lesson completely in Serbian.  Oh boy, that was just oh so fun! Saying кроз џосиф смит, бог је обновио јеванжеље исуса христа.  And forty more minutes of speaking to that effect.  But it's truly amazing to be able to come this far in the language this quickly.  I can confidently talk to my instructors about most things.  I have learned how to correctly form sentences, using correct grammar principles and enclitic forms.  They are backwards in the way they talk. They like to have the pronouns before the verb in most cases. So to say "She knew that we stole it", we would use the order "She knew it that we stole." It’s so hard to think like that when you’re creating sentences on the fly.  But I have faith I will get that eventually.  Ha-ha. I am just excited to get out there and feel like I have learned none of the language they are speaking.  Funny story #2: My instructor was telling me a story of when he was training a new missionary who just had arrived to Serbia.  One day, he and his companion were walking around talking to random individuals.  They eventually came across one individual who stared at my instructor’s companion, and said blatantly "Don't say one word to me, or I will kill you."  Not knowing what the man just said, the new Elder started to say "Hi, were missi..." at that exact moment, my instructor grabbed his companion by the neck of stole him away.  HAHAHA I can't wait for that to happen to me.  Oh boy, Serbia is going to be an adventure. 

I love you all!!! Till next week!

старешина новаковиђ!!

Novakovich looks so cool in the Cyrillic alphabet.

No comments:

Post a Comment