Tuesday, December 14, 2010

MTC Letter - Week #7

Howdy ya'll!!!

How's is everyone doing! As for myself, I'm having a blast.  The language is getting intense: only two more weeks and we'll get shoved into Big ol' Bad Serbia.  I can't believe it's almost here.  It's crazy to think I have been gone for 7 weeks now.  Amazing.  Even more crazy is the fact I'm starting to catch on to this language.  I have figured out an insane amount this week.  Now I'm not boasting of myself, because once I know once I get out to Serbia, I will not understand ANYTHING a Serbian person says to me.  My teacher told our class the other day the first words we should learn in Serbia are all of the curse words!  Makes sense though! If I ever hear any of those words, I know to just walk away and ignore the guy.  He told of multiple stories about how his companions would say "were missionaries..." right after a person told them they would kill them if they said a single word.  Ha ha.

Nothing new to report about this week.  I should be receiving my travel plans sometime this week.  The group before us took a straight flight from SLC to Paris.  So hopefully that's what we get to do. That would save me hours sitting in a airport in DC or some other area in the USA.  Layovers are the worst.  I think most individuals share the same dislike of layovers.  It's such a waste of time! All you do is sit in an airport for hours while waiting for your flight to arrive. 

Only 12 more days.... But who's counting anyway?  Oh wait, I am.  I can't wait to get out of this ....wonderful place. 

Just so ya know, I will not be receiving packages past the 22nd of December.  For some reason, they do not give packages out during that time during the MTC.  So if you have something to send me, send it now.  Otherwise, I might not get it.  And that makes me a sad panda.

So I don't know what else to say, so I figure I will leave you with an MTC approved joke: What do you do when a Rhino charges you? Give him your credit card! ZING ohh that just tickles the funny bone.

I hope the holiday season is great for you! Remember what's it about and why we celebrate. 

љзбав

старешина новаковић

волем вас! 

No comments:

Post a Comment