Tuesday, November 2, 2010

First Letter from the MTC

So I'm sorry if you receive two emails from me.  I couldn't figure out how to import contacts.. So I started to just do it manually and then half way through I figured it out. Of Course.  Well everything is going amazing so far.  I have finally reached my first P day, and I must say it rocks! Unfortunately, the computer limits me to 25 minutes per session so this email will be poorly thought out and have a few typos. I guess you will have to deal with it. 

I figured I would start with the good news: I was made zone leader! ha ha in the matter of 4 days, I was placed in charge of over 36 elders, many of them going to different countries: Serbia, Croatia, Orlando, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Poland, etc. It's humbling to think that the Lord has put me into such an important leadership position in the matter of days.  Actually, the day following my arrival, I was made district leader.  If this were the Military, I would be a general by Thanksgiving. Boo ya!  

I am also lucky to have such awesome district members! In our district of 9, we have elders from England, Germany, and Netherlands.  Aah the best is at night when we all get together and just blow off the stress of learning our languages.  They all speak English and its awesome to get to know more about members from other countries.  My companion is also a really cool guy. He went to Timpview for high school and actually has a signed scholarship to Utah State University for playing the Quarterback position. He's 6"5 and quite the studly guy. We are getting along great and I'm happy that we have the opportunity to get to know each other. 

AHHH I keep messing up while typing. I'm trying to bust out 110 Words per minute but it just is not happening.  

Everything is so bland here.  No color whatsoever.  Every building looks exactly the same and is the same brown brick.  Could it hurt them to just throw in a pink building or something of that sort here and there?  I think it would go a long way to keep this place looking and feeling fresh.  Also, the food wrecked me the first few days.  I won't go into much detail, but I was having some serious digestive issues.  It was no bueno.  But I'm over it now.

Apparently I just hot keyed something and now my typing in all messed up.  Forgive me if its hard to read this. It won't even let me go back and changed some previous mistakes.  Stupid MTC computers.  

All is well here in Provo and I must say I miss everyone dearly.  I greatly appreciate all the love and support you have shown to me as I have prepared for this great task. Letters will be greatly appreciated if you have not sent one already :D I read letters every night as a way to unwind from the day.  I love receiving letters, so don't be shy in visiting Dearelder.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment