Tuesday, November 23, 2010

MTC - Week #4

¿Hola, Como Estas?
So pretty much everyone here in the MTC is learning Spanish (big shocker, right?).  I think on a daily basis I get some kid who asks if he can bear his testimony and such to us in Espanol... It's really getting on my nerves.  Believe it or not, when you say you’re in a hurry to get to class, they start getting angry with you.. I hate to break their hearts, but it’s not my responsibility to listen to them speak Spanish to me... Sorry this has just been on my chest these past few weeks and I needed to get it off my chest... I feel so much better now! :D
Now you may be wondering why I titled this: Tragedy Strikes.  Well let me tell you why.  About two weeks ago one of the Elders going to Serbia injured his knee really bad while we were playing basketball.  At first, we figured it was just a simple injury. But as he visited the doctor on campus, we found out that he actually tore his ACL.  After consulting with the District President and Orthopedic Surgeon, he will have to go into surgery, where he will out of commission for three weeks, plus the addition of three or so months to rehab his knee.  So needless to say, he will not be joining us on our trek to Serbia.  It’s really hard to hear that too because we had grown tight as a friendship.  Our whole district is feeling it because of the unity that exists between us.  Not good.
Besides that I guess, everything is going solid here in the Concentration Camp.... I mean MTC.  This week seem to fly by so fast!!!!! It’s amazing that is possible considering I sit in a classroom for 10 + hours a day.  GOOD NEWS: I graduated from the first grade this week! I am now a second grader! I wish I had my graduation gown so I could go through a graduation ceremony.  That would be pretty swell.  BAD NEWS: our teacher flat out told us this week that we were the worst singing class he has ever had.  I felt so heartbroken.  Anyone who has heard me sing knows that I am the best ever.  How dare he say I’m a bad singer?  My mommy and daddy tell me every time I bust out in a song that I am a natural.  I guess my teacher has no idea on what true singing talent is. So what if he sings in the BYU men’s choir? What does that prove anyway.  I could get into the BYU men’s choir blindfolded.  That’s right, blindfolded. Who else could sing that well with the handicap of having one's eyes closed?
Thank you computer terminal.  It just told me he will kick me off in five minutes.  How nice of him.  Well anyways, I love life.  I’m laughing and having a smashing good time.  That last sentence for my British mate going to Slovenia: D 
This is a shout out for my Padres.. Sorry I don’t have your email in my weekly email report.  Oops. I can’t believe I forgot: p Will you still love me?  hahah funny thing is that this message will have to get forwarded to them. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA I crack myself up.  I will be sure to you add you next time.  
MUCH LOVE!!!!!!!
Elder Novakovich
Ps.. Spanish is stupid 

No comments:

Post a Comment