Tuesday, November 9, 2010

MTC Week #2 Letter

Well I have some good news and some bad news: The bad news: the food is starting to repeat its cycle.  It’s only been two weeks, but I have already recognized what food they serve in rotations! Variety is the spice of life, and I knowing what you will be eating ruins it.  The good news however: two weeks in the bag! Only 102 more weeks till I finish my mission :p! 

Well the language is coming along just fine.  I have learned how to communicate as well as a first grade Serbian child. (BOO YA!!!!) But trust me; I have mad props to first grade Serbian children. This language is ridiculous.  All who I have written thus far has seen the complexity of the language.  The cyrlic alphabet is no easy task to learn.  "P"s make the "R" sound.  "C" makes the "S" sounds.  And so many other things are backwards.  On top of that, the characters are all alien.  Reading along at a normal pace seems like a long ways away.  Besides all the difficulties I am experiences with the language, I absolutely love it.  Speaking it makes my tongue tingle.  Not in the way of speaking profanities, rather in the way as if you just popped a handful of pop rocks into your mouth :D.  The words seem to crack and pop with every word.  Oh and were also learning Croatian.  According to my instructor, by the time I’m finished with my mission, I will be able to Speak Serbian, Croatian, and Bulgarian.  That's cool

One thing I have grown to love so much thus far is the devotionals and firesides on Sunday and Tuesday evenings. The talks and thoughts given during the meeting strengthen my testimony so much! I have a binder that I just recently bought FULL of thoughts and messages given that have meant something personal to me.  I thank the Lord so much for letting me serve him.  I have no doubt in my mind that what I am doing is what the Lord wants to do. His comforting spirit testifies that to me every single day.  Without that comfort, this task would be impossible.

Oh and for those who have yet to write me...Shame on you :p just kidding, but I do appreciate the letters sooooo much.  Every single night I read the letters my family sends to me before I go to sleep.  Knowing that someone out there loves me brings me closer to my Heavenly Father more than any lesson given.  It truly makes the experience a lot easier knowing that my family and other individuals care for me.  So don't be shy in writing me.  I plan on keeping EVERY SINGLE letter I receive on my mission.  If things go well, I can just leave my missionary clothes in the field and I can just use my suitcases for hauling all of the letters I receive home from Serbia.  That would be sweet, huh? A suitcase full of letters.  Make the dream happen folks!

Huh... I have 5 minutes left before the MTC boots me off... I don't understand why they are so controlling over email time, but what can I do? 

I just want everyone to know how much I care for you!  Getting to know you over the years have truly made me into the man I am today.  I know without a doubt that me being a Zone leader in the matter of 5 days is the direct cause of the amazing examples in my life. The leadership I have received from others have rubbed off on me, and because of that I have the joy and privilege to be over 40 missionaries serving in Serbia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Guam, Marshall Islands, Slovenia, etc. 

Much love from Elder Novakovich in the MTC!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment