Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Week #3 Letter

здраво!!!!!!!

Well yet another week in the bag.  Days seem to fly by here.  It just seems like yesterday I was the scared kid thrown into the belly of the beast.  Now with a certain sense of confidence, I feel like I get what's expected of me as a missionary. 

If I seem to repeat the same thing every single email, I am sorry.  I never remember what I have said.  I get so excited to spend a mere 30 minutes of my life on this computer terminal to express what's going on my life.  I truly love expressing myself via email.  Its a shame I don't have more time.

I can't think of anything exciting to say.  And for the first time since I have arrived, I can't think of any witty to say.  I guess that makes sense though.  My schedule is the same every single day.  Wake up. Shower. Get Dressed.  Eat Breakfast.  Go to class.  Eat.  Go to Class. Gym.  Shower.  Eat.  Class.  Clean.  Read letters.  Sleep.  In the matter of 14 poorly written sentences, I have summed up what I do every single day.  Sundays are different of course: You take out the gym time and substitute 3 or so leadership meetings pertaining to being a Zone Leader.  Epic. 

Despite the lack of variety, I truly am loving my experience so far.  My district is awesome.  The international kids just make me cry every time they speak.  Their accents and use of the English vocab is quite the experience.  If i could start my Video Blog, I would insert some pretty awesome clips of us.  For example: On Sunday we had the chance to walk on the temple grounds of the Provo Temple.  While we as a district were walking around, we found this tall white wall.  We thought it would be HILARIOUS if our comrade from Finland would stand on top of it and act like Samuel the Lamanite.  So he got on top of the wall and started to raise his hands and proclaim with a firm voice "Repent, Repent.  Repent or be smitten by God" While he was chastening us to repentance, we were acting as if we were throwing rocks or shooting arrows at him.  We're so cool.  But i don't think I have laughed that hard since I have been here in the MTC.

The Serbian language is coming along great.  In fact, I have figured out how to type in Serbian on a computer.  Ја сам одлићна.  ја разумем србски. баш лако!  ја волим нјиха. у шеш примите, ја чу да битем у србији.  Sweetness.  Now lets hope that Google translate works :p I know I made some errors, but as I said in the last email (if I remember correctly) I am as a 1st grade Serbian child. 

Well I hope everything is going well for everyone in the real world.  Its hard to relate because they force us into this confined reality.  I overheard someone a few days ago that made me laugh. He was talking to his companion about the MTC and how its like a prison of sorts. The companion turned to him and said that "At least in prison, you get to watch Television."  HA HA that made laugh pretty hard. 

I just want to thank everyone who has sent me letters of encouragement and support.  They really do mean a lot. 

I bid thee farewell to when shall meet digitally via the email world in exactly one week.  By that time, I will be 1 more week closer to being in Serbia!  Until then: May the Force be With you. Always :D

до виженјо!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finished with a minute to spare.  Woot

No comments:

Post a Comment