Sunday, March 6, 2011

Letter from Darren

There was no group letter from Darren last week, but below are some excerpts from his letter to his mother.  She always gets the best letters - fair payment for all her efforts in raising her son.

Things are growing great here in Novi Sad.  This week, we have been working at the sajam knjiga, which is a huge book fair here in Novi Sad.  The church bought a booth for us and we go their and sell Book of Mormons and other things there.  Its been pretty fun.  I have the chance to master explaining what is for sale, what's free, and what the Book of Mormon is.  Its been quite the experience doing that.  Unfortunately though, we are not currently teaching anyone.  Hopefully that will change, but since last Wednesday, all Elder Porter and I have done is work at the sajam knjiga.  We haven't really had the chance to doing any calling from numbers we received about a week ago.  Hopefully those people even remember who we are.  We will find out here in the next few days though! 

Actually, I will be here in Novi Sad for the next two months.  Transfers here in Serbia are in two months periods, which would suck if you disliked your companion.  Good thing I don't, right?  Elder Porter is doing great. He and I are still getting along very well.  I might even get the chance to "kill" him from the mission. 


Haha its hilarious to hear about the bromance going on.  From what I hear, a lot of people are having bromances with Jimmer.  Every article I read it "Jimmer this, Jimmer that.  Jimmer is the man, Jimmer for President, etc."  Its hard to believe, but there are 4 other players on the court with Jimmer :)  Its so funny to hear that Dad is caught in the Jimmer bonanza. 

Its friggin cold here in Serbia.  We have had about two to three feet of snow in the past week here.  No bueno.  I strongly dislike the snow.  I can't wait for the humid summer... Of course that too is something I am not looking forward too.  At least I will be able to run and get my smexxy tan going.  I hear the babes love t-shirt tan lines on the bicep area.  OH baaby, I is going to be smexyy.

Well things are going amazing!  Thank you for everything you have done for me.  You are an awesome mother.  I love you so much.

Elder Novakovich

No comments:

Post a Comment