Monday, February 21, 2011

Pekara = Happiness

This may look very similar to someone.......

I'm hungry.  That's the first thing that came to my mind.  Hopefully all the other Elders want to go to a pekara or something like that after this.  I feel like I could eat a lot of food. 

This week has been great!  I had the opportunity to go on splits with the AP last week.  They came down and Elder Matson, one of the AP's, and I went contacting for a few hours.  During that time, we managed to get 6 phone numbers!  That was the first time I have had true success with contacting.  It was awesome.  We had a pretty good routine of me introducing ourselves, explaining that I was new to the country and couldn't speak very much Serbian, and explained that I needed to practice in order to get better.  After I gave my part, Elder Matson would talk about the gospel and how were here to help others.  What we did really worked out well.  We have a return appointment with one man and his family this week, so I am excited to be able to finally talk with someone that isn't a member!! 

We also had Branch Conference down here in Novi Sad.  President Hill and President Mihajlović came down and spoke to us during our sacrament.  We had an awesome feast we missionaries prepared afterwords.  We had ruska salata, which is a Russian salad thingy, and kulin sandwiches, which is basically pepperoni like meet between bread.  I ended up spending 10 hours at the church!

Well the language is going well.  I have noticed that I am improving.  I am far away from being where I need to be, but at least I am continuing to progress every day.  I had a lady comment to me the other day how I was improving.  There is a place by our church that sells those Plieskavica's that I mentioned in my list a few  weeks ago.  Anyways, we went there and she said how she noticed a big difference with  language.  That made me feel really good.


I found out from President yesterday that I will be spending another transfer with Elder Porter, which means I will be staying here in Novi Sad!  I was insanely excited to hear that.  I love it here.  All the Elders here are awesome, and we all are really tight.  But sadly, Elder Christiansen will be leaving us!  He finished his mission and now leaves in 6 days to the land of the free!  He is so glad to be going home.  He tries to not show it, but you can tell he is pumped to go home.  I can't blame him: I would be too!  But I am looking forward to doing some work here.  I feel a change in the air: and it smells like success.  I feel like I can have a positive influence here in Serbia. 

Well I heard Utah had some snow.  That's a bummer.

puno ljybav!

No comments:

Post a Comment