Monday, February 14, 2011

February 14 - Letter

Well another week in the bag!  And what a week it was!  I had the chance to go to Zagreb for a zone conference with all the missionaries in Serbia and Croatia.  We left Wednesday afternoon from Belgrade and arrived 8 hours later in Zagreb!  That night, we stayed at a couple of Elder apartments in Zagreb and Karlovac.  It was awesome talking to Elders who were not from Serbia.  Even though the countries are so close together, its crazy how different of experiences we have.  But it was great to get a different view of missionary work. 

Nothing really exciting happened at the conference.  We had meeting throughout the day on Thursday, where we had the chance to hear from the Mission President and his wife.  We also heard from the AP's and Zone Leader in Croatia.  They had some really cool things to say.  The best part was afterwards:  we had the chance to see the baptisms of two kids in the Zagreb branch.  It was amazing to see that happen.  It was such an incredible experience to see two children from Croatia become baptized into the church. 


After the baptisms, we headed back to Serbia.  In two days, we almost spent more time on the train than in Croatia, assuming to don't include sleeping.  Croatia is very beautiful country, especially the capitol Zagreb.  It was very clean and had a lot of energy near center.  It was incredible to visit there.  But Serbia's better, so I was glad to return.

This weekend I also got to visit a small branch of 10 or so members in a small town called Sremska Mitrovica.  I had the opportunity to give a talk/testimony to the members there.  I also had the chance to talk about my family history with them as we had dinner at one of the members house.  I have never wished I could speak Serbian more than I did there!  I felt so bad when I had to speak English with them.  I tried my absolute hardest to speak Serbian, but I just couldn't express my feelings or thoughts as well otherwise. Its crazy, two of the young woman in that branch speak fluent English.  They said some things to me in English and I was blown away.  They had no trace of an accent at all!  Maybe with time I will be the same way! 

Have a great week everyone!  Hopefully the weather is as nice as it is here in Serbia!!

No comments:

Post a Comment