Monday, March 7, 2011

Letter from Elder Novakovich - March 7

Well this week has been very, very interesting.  So I guess I will start off by saying that I am now in Croatia.  I have no clue why, but they moved me here to Zagreb for this transfer, and possibly next transfer.  I still have no idea what is going on, but I assume I will find out shortly.  Im not going to lie though, it’s really hard being here.  I finally got used to the Serbia, and all of a sudden I get moved to Croatia.  I feel kind of cheated in ways.  I don't even know what to think about it.  When President told us on Thursday, I left for Croatia that night.  Without any warning, it happened.  Anyways, what else have I done......  I believe I said my final goodbye to Elder Porter.  Its incredibly sad to say, but I might not see him as a missionary again, that is unless we have Zone Conference here in Croatia in the next while.  Speaking of Elder Porter, he is now one of 4 elders in Serbia. 

President Hill told me that I would return to Serbia either this next transfer or the one after that.  We will find out I guess tonight. The AP's are picking me up here in Zagreb in about an hour and we will be driving to Serbia to have another meeting with all the Serbian Elders.  I have a lot of questions and I hope I will be able get answers to them tonight. 

With that all said, I absolute love it here in Europe.  I still am a bit reluctant to be here in Zagreb, understandably given the circumstances.  I finally got into a groove in Serbia, and in a flash, I start all over anew in a completely different country.  I must say, Croatia is much prettier than Serbia.  However, I would never want to stay here over Serbia.  I love Serbia.  But I should be back soon enough.  I'm just trying not to count the days.  I hope everyone is having a good ol time.  I will be sure to report back when things get situated here in Eastern Europe!

Will all of this chaos, the language is really progressing for me.  I feel really comfortable know talking to members.  The other day, I gave a full 7 minute testimony slash introduction about myself during fast and testimony meeting.  By the end of the meeting, I had real conversation with most of the members.  I am to the point now I can understand pretty much everything people say to me in basic conversation situations.  It’s amazing how these things happen over the course of a week period.  I went from struggling beyond comprehension to being able to speak.  It feels so good to have no fear of being alone with a native and being able to communicate with them.  It’s an awesome thing. 

Love

Elder Novaković

No comments:

Post a Comment