Wednesday, March 16, 2011

First Letter from Elder Novakovich

The language is coming along great!  Its like I have been speaking the language my entire life.  I understand every word that is being said.  Its truly the gift of tongues, haha.  I miss Serbian though, I really love that language a lot.  I enjoyed learning it and only wish I could of become much more fluent before I had to leave.  But such is life I guess. 

Yeah the area I am serving is very, very rural.  There are houses every quarter mile and thick, forest along the way.  For finding, we park our truck, which is actually pretty nice, and go contacting along a long strip of road.  Unfortunately, we only 1,500 miles each month with driving our truck.  So we don't have the pleasure of driving up to peoples houses and go contacting that way.  We walk a ton.  Not as much as in Novi Sad, but more than you would think having a vehicle. 

For transportation, we ride in a truck and bike or walk the rest of the time.  And from what I saw on the deck of our apartment, there are two bikes sitting there.  So I guess I will not have to purchase a bike at all.  I imagine that every apartment has a pair of bicycles for the missionaries that live their. 

Out here, we have a ward of about 70-100 members.  But we meet at a normal chapel building.  Its a very nice building.  It feels good to have a normal, functioning ward to come to.  The members were very nice in welcoming me to their ward.  The bishop asked me to introduce myself as well as give a small talk the moment I arrived.  So everyone now knows who I am. 

Thank you for everything.  This week has been the worst, and I am so grateful that I have such great parents.  You have made the greatest difference.

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment