Monday, January 10, 2011

The good stuff!

Well another week has gone by, and here I stand alive, ready to tell my story to the world. 

I finally experienced what it means to be a missionary in Serbia: I was physically and verbally abused!!! From what I was told, it's a relatively common thing, at least for the verbal assaults.  Well let me set up this intriguing story:   My companion Elder Porter and I were just returning from a apoteka, which is basically a pharmacy, with a load of "old men" diapers in our hands.  We had just thirty minutes earlier been asked by one of the members in our branch if we would kindly go to an apoteka and purchase him some diapers. That being said, we were making our way back to his apartment.  Along the way, we ran into some less than nice looking individuals who called us out and started to approach us.  Having no idea of what they were saying, I just sat their where my companion started talking to these three gentlemen.  I don't know what was said, but one of the "goons" slapped my fellow comrad across the face.  I was at a complete shock at the moment for two reasons: What the heck is happening and more importantly.... Why did a guy slap another guy across the face? I know I am from the United States, but I am pretty sure that fists are a universal language.  Slapping seems to send a weird message to my mind when one guy slaps another.  Needless to say, I was taken aback.  What man slaps another guy????  I just don't even know.  Well good thing for them, one of the native Serbians had half the brains to grab his friend and walk away.  Because I am more than sure it would have gotten pretty ugly had things escalated.

Well that's about the most excited thing that happened to me this past week.  Besides giving a talk in sacrament, nothing really happened. I'm still like a little child here.  I always need my daddy to talk to other people for me.  I can order food and the like for myself, but besides that, I am a lost little child.  It's hilarious whenever someone tries to talk to me... I just point to my companion and basically tell him I have been in Serbia for a week, ту сам неделу дана. Oh yeah, you can put all your chips down that I know how to say that well :D

Not much else to report on than that.  Im doing well and I haven't died yet.  So there is some good news there.

Love,

Elder Novakovich

PS.. My video blog won't load, so I will have to figure that out next week.  Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment