Monday, December 19, 2011

12-19 Update from Elder Novakovich

So today I am sending my Christmas package to the family!  I am hoping that it arrives by Saturday, which I imagine it should.  If not, be expecting some package some time after Christmas.  There isn't much in it, but it is a descent taste of what New England is like!  I figure the only real thing I have to offer is something that you don't get out in Utah.

I don't really know how things are going to work out on Christmas, but I do know that after church, which is only sacrament as well, we will be heading to Donna's (Bill and Betty's daughter) house to eat lunch and spend time together.  Of course Bill and Betty will be there as well.  From what I know, we will probably spend a good chunk of the day over there.  As for the morning to open presents, we have had a less active lady offer for us to come over and open presents at her house.  That should be a cool experience. 

So Bill heard that we didn't have a Christmas tree in our apartment last week when we were at his house for dinner... The next day he had a little tree with ornaments sitting inside our front door for us..  Bill truly is my favorite person I have met out here in the mission field.  I love that guy.  I have pictures that I will be sending in the package that will have our cute little tree with presents underneath! 

Our investigators are doing great.  The only bad thing that really happened this week was one dropped us.  He gave us a call last Wednesday and said that he talked it over with his girlfriend and Mom, and the Church wasn't for him.  What can you do?  But the following day, we were given two new investigators by our Bishop.  He visited a less active lady and asked if the missionaries could come teach her two un-baptized children.  She consented, and now we are planning on teaching them this week.  Cool!  One falls from the tree and two more replace the empty slot.  We didn't have the chance to teach ------ this week: her fellow shipper went to ER for kidney pain (hopefully not kidney stones) and so was unable to help us teach her.  We have tried calling her to see if she was ok, but haven't had any success.  We plan on trying to call her tonight to make sure everything was going well. 

So I think I will probably call right after we finish dinner with the Esterline's.  My guess is that will be around 2:00 PM Eastern time (noon Mountain time), which will work out perfectly for you and the family.  I would assume by that point that all the presents will have been opened and omelets consumed.  That will give us something to talk about: what presents everyone got.  I wish we could use skype... That would make things sooo nice! 

Our church this week is only sacrament as well!  We are having a Christmas program, which both Elder Peterson and I will be a part of.  We will be singing in the choir.  I don't know if I told you this before, but Elder Gaykowski and I sang in the stake choir during Stake Conference in August... Anyways, that should be a fun experience.  I am looking forward to calling!!  I can't believe that time is here at last.  It seems like forever since we talked in May. 

And so you know, transfer calls will be this Saturday.  I talked with President Wilkey during our interviews this week, and he mentioned that he wants to be stay in Gardiner for another transfer.  He can't promise anything, because 13 new missionaries are coming and that alone will cause a lot of movement of missionaries throughout the mission.  I pray that things work out and I can stay here for my 5th transfer, but you never know.  My fingers are crossed. 



Love

Elder Novakovich

No comments:

Post a Comment