Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8 Letter from Elder Novakovich

Golf was fun!  Is was quite a downfall in the quality of my game, but what can you expect when you haven't swung a club in about 9 months!  The course we played was called Western View and it was a small, small course.  It was one of those that the front nine and back nine were the same holes.  They had about 5 holes that were approachable par 4s from the tee box.  If I had my old swing and set of clubs, I couldn't of even used my driver on some of the holes!  The average par 4 length was 260 or so yards.  I would of launched it past the green every single time.  For the round, we ended up just playing a 3 vs. 1 scramble against the kid who is amazing.  We beat him by a few strokes... But he still was pretty dang good.  We all shared a ladies version of the sasquatch driver... That was crazy to swing.  I could feel the shaft bend like nobody's business whenever I swung.  I still had a shot where I bombed it 280 or so, so that was cool. 





The teaching pool here is thin.  This area had an explosion of baptisms about 4 months ago and now it's pretty slow.  We are trying to find some new people to teach, but everyone here has talked to the missionaries about a thousand times.  I am hoping that the members will hook us up.  The baptism coming up has been through the hands for elders for the past 12 months.  I am lucky enough to be able to be there when she finally gets baptized.  It was pretty cool... Last time we visited her, I had the chance to play the guitar.  Her husband has been taking lessons for the guitar and he let me shred some riffs on it.  He has a pretty dang cool guitar/amp combo.  I miss my guitar!

I have no clue what I would want for my next package.  As of right now, I am sitting solid with the amount of candy.  I just was able to finish off the jelly beans the other night.  I still haven't touched half of the other stuff in the package.  There's so much candy!

Nothing really new happened this week.  Just the same old stuff.  I miss you terrible and love you so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment