Monday, June 6, 2011

First Letter from Somersworth

Sorry I wasn't able to email last week.  Since it was a holiday, the College was closed down and we were not able to answer emails at all.  But it was a good P-Day though. We had the chance to play basketball with the bishop and other youth members in the ward.  It was awesome. 

I really like this new area.  The members are unreal.  We have a ward that is wholly invested in missionary work.  We have member meals every night, and the ward mission leader has it set up that we go on splits with certain members every Tues, Wed, and Thurs night from 6-8.  It's nice not having to worry what to do in the evening.  The Ward mission leader here is quite great.   He was a life saver this week because both my companion and I were put into this area fresh.  They shot-gunned the area and without his help, we would of been running around blind for quite some time. 

My companions name is Elder Miller.  He is a good guy.  He plays basketball, which is very good news.  I plan on balling it hard this upcoming transfer. 

The area I live in is considered the older part of Somersworth. I might have been scared in this type of neighborhood before my mission, but it’s cool though, because the kids they all like the missionaries here.  They call us the "church boys" What a nice title.  We got invited by one of the families on our street to go to a big barbeque they were having right before the husband heads to San Diego for work.  They are a Catholic family, but they feed the missionaries and provide support for them whenever we need any.  I couldn't have asked for a better area.  Even non-members hook us up.

I have had to step up my workout intensity now.  We get fed every single night, with leftovers for the following day. I can't complain with that at all.  I bought a perfect pushup thingy and it has been kicking my butt.  Perfect pushups are hard!  I never would have imagined struggling to complete a series of pushups.  

Love,

Elder Novakovich

No comments:

Post a Comment